English Speaking Early Childhood Educator/Assistant for FRÖBEL centre Clemenskids
Early Childhood Educator/Assistant (m/f/d)
English Speaking Early Childhood Educator/Assistant (m/f/d, part time)
We are currently looking for a qualified English-speaking early childhood education professional to help implement the FRÖBEL Focus “Bilingual Education” at our education and care service Clemenskids in Cologne-Porz-Langel.
The current team consists of 9 teachers and educators who are looking after 42 children from the age of 2 until they enter primary school. One of the focus areas at the centre is the Little Scientists House programme – focusing on STEM education for children. A beautiful garden surrounding the centre offers plenty of opportunity for outdoor activities and exploration. The centre is located in a quieter area of Cologne and is easily accessible by car. There is also a public transport option from the centre of Cologne by train/tram and bus.
For more information on the centre please visit: https://clemenskids.froebel.info
Starting date for this position would be as soon as possible. The hours per week, as well as the duration of the employment contract depend on your qualifications and circumstances such as visa conditions. Ideal would be 20 hours per week.
Your responsibilities would include
- Supporting all aspects of early childhood education and care in English,
- Being in charge of (or supporting according to experience and qualification) the settling-in process,
- Planning, implementing and documenting pedagogical processes and daily routines (as part of a team),
- Completing (or supporting according to experience and qualification) structured observation and documentation of the children’s development and educational processes,
- Developing successful cooperation with parents.
Do you fulfil the following requirements?
- Are you a native speaker of English, or do you speak English at native level C2?
- Are you in the process of learning German?
- Are you a state-certified educator (staatlich anerkannnte*r Erzieher*in) or do you have a Bachelor in Early Childhood Education?
- Or, if you are not already a qualified educator, but have pedagogical experience and similar qualifications, are you interested in working as an early childhood assistant part time at a FRÖBEL centre while completing training to become an educator (“Praxisintegrierte Ausbildung”) part time?
- Are you interested in working as part of a team to implement an in-house bilingual education concept?
Then we would like to hear from you.
We offer you
- A position with ideally 20 hours per week,
- Innovative team-based work practices that enable the children in our facilities to encounter new languages at an early age,
- An attractive working environment,
- Continuing professional development for all employees,
- Intensive guidance from English-speaking consultants and in bilingual education working groups,
- In-house wage agreement including an attractive company pension scheme,
- Scope to balance work and family life.
If you are interested in this position and would like to submit your application and/or if you have any further questions, please address them to Christine Schneyer.
Richten Sie Ihre Bewerbung bitte unter Angabe des Titels der Stellenausschreibung per Post oder E-Mail an:
If you are interested in this position and would like to submit your application and/or if you have any further questions, please address them to Christine Schneyer, quoting reference number 180809-1. We would like to ask for your understanding that we can only reply individually to eligible applicants.
Ms Christine Schneyer
Consultant International Affairs at FRÖBEL
Phone: +49 172 10 47 391
FRÖBEL promotes the equality of all employees. We therefore welcome applications from women and men regardless of their cultural and social background, age, religion, belief, disability or sexual identity.
Hier können Sie unseren Job Alert abonnieren – er versorgt Sie alle 14 Tage mit frischen Stellenangeboten.