English Speaking Early Childhood Educator/Assistant for FRÖBEL centre Flügelnuss in Bonn
We are currently looking for a qualified English-speaking early childhood education professional to help implement the FRÖBEL Focus “Bilingual Education” at our FRÖBEL Kindergarten Flügelnuss in Bonn.
English Speaking Early Childhood Educator/Assistant for FRÖBEL centre Flügelnuss in Bonn (m/f/d)
The FRÖBEL-Kindergarten Flügelnuss is in the final stage of construction and will open on the 1st of September 2019. One of its focus areas will be Bilingual Education which gives children the opportunity to get to know the English language early in life. We believe that among other benefits bilingual education can help to get to know other cultures and to develop intercultural skills.
A second focus area at Flügelnuss will be Sustainability. Even before the opening, the Flügelnuss team has been working on the subject of sustainability and has already been awarded the “Nachhaltige Kita” (Sustainable Childcare Centre) certificate by the “Wissenschaftsladen Bonn” (Bonn Science Shop). In the long term Flügelnuss aims to integrate the 17 goals of the United Nations into everyday pedagogy. The goals include providing quality education to children, raising awareness for sustainable consumption, ending all forms of poverty, promoting peace and justice, and tackling climate change. The centre’s natural outdoor area and the proximity to nature should help us to reach these goals.
For more information on the centre, please visit: https://fluegelnuss.froebel.info/
If you are a qualified English-speaking early childhood education professional and this combination of bilingual education and sustainability inspires you, we would love to hear from you. The starting date would ideally be the 1st of September 2019. The hours per week, as well as the duration of the employment contract depend on your qualifications and circumstances such as visa conditions. Ideal would be 40 hours per week.
Do you fulfil the following requirements?
- Are you a native speaker of English, or do you speak English at native level C2?
- Are you in the process of learning German?
- Are you a state-certified educator (staatlich anerkannnte*r Erzieher*in) or do you have a Bachelor in Early Childhood Education?
- Or, if you are not already a qualified educator, but have pedagogical experience and similar qualifications, are you interested in working as an early childhood assistant part time at a FRÖBEL centre while completing training to become an educator (“Praxisintegrierte Ausbildung”) part time?
- Are you interested in working as part of a team to implement an in-house bilingual education concept?
Then we would like to hear from you.
We are offering:
- A position with ideally 40 hours per week,
- Innovative team-based work practices that enable the children in our facilities to encounter new languages at an early age,
- An attractive working environment,
- Continuing professional development for all employees,
- Intensive guidance from English-speaking consultants and in bilingual education working groups,
- In-house wage agreement including an attractive company pension scheme,
- Scope to balance work and family life.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Supporting all aspects of early childhood education and care in English,
- Being in charge of (or supporting according to experience and qualification) the settling-in process,
- Planning, implementing and documenting pedagogical processes and daily routines (as part of a team),
- Completing (or supporting according to experience and qualification) structured observation and documentation of the children’s development and educational processes,
- Developing successful cooperation with parents.
If you are interested in this position and would like to submit your application and/or if you have any further questions, please address them to Madlin Wegener.
Richten Sie Ihre Bewerbung bitte mit Angabe des Titels der Stellenausschreibung und des Referenzcodes per Post oder E-Mail an:
FRÖBEL Bildung und Erziehung gGmbH
Komödien Straße 18-24
NEW: Send us your video application: www.froebel.videobewerbung.de
Hier können Sie unseren Job Alert abonnieren – er versorgt Sie alle 14 Tage mit frischen Stellenangeboten.