English Speaking Early Childhood Educator/Assistant for FRÖBEL centre Clemenskids
Early Childhood Educator/Assistant (m/f/d)
Are you passionate about the English language and different cultures? Children acquire languages intensively in the first years of their lives. Would you like to play your part? If yes there would be an opportunity to do so at our FRÖBEL-Kindergarten Clemenskids in Cologne. Be a linguistic role model as an English speaking educator at FRÖBEL - a job offer that allows you to playfully give something back of your intercultural experiences and competences.
English Speaking Early Childhood Educator/Assistant (m/f/d, full time)
We are currently looking for a qualified English-speaking early childhood education professional to help implement the FRÖBEL Focus “Bilingual Education” at our education and care service Clemenskids in Cologne-Porz-Langel.
The current team consists of 9 teachers and educators who are looking after 42 children from the age of 2 until they enter primary school. One of the focus areas at the centre is the Little Scientists House programme – focusing on STEM education for children. A beautiful garden surrounding the centre offers plenty of opportunity for outdoor activities and exploration. The centre is located in a quieter area of Cologne and is easily accessible by car. There is also a public transport option from the centre of Cologne by train/tram and bus.
For more information on the centre please visit: https://clemenskids.froebel.info
Starting date for this position would be as soon as possible. The hours per week, as well as the duration of the employment contract depend on your qualifications and circumstances such as visa conditions. Ideal would be 40 hours per week.
Please note that the profession of nursery/kindergarten teacher/educator is regulated by the individual federal states. This means that legal stipulations are in place in each respective federal state, which set out certain qualifications and requirements for the commencement or exercising of the occupation of an early childhood teacher/educator. Due to the regulations we are only able to employ qualified early childhood teachers/educators in our centres, or individuals who are studying or doing a training programme towards that qualification.
If you are interested in becoming an early childhood teacher/educator in Germany you can find useful information here: https://fachkraefteoffensive.fruehe-chancen.de/wege-in-den-beruf. Please note that most programmes require B2/C1 level German language skills.
Your responsibilities would include
- Supporting all aspects of early childhood education and care in English,
- Being in charge of (or supporting according to experience and qualification) the settling-in process,
- Planning, implementing and documenting pedagogical processes and daily routines (as part of a team),
- Completing (or supporting according to experience and qualification) structured observation and documentation of the children’s development and educational processes,
- Developing successful cooperation with parents.
Do you fulfil the following requirements?
- Are you a native speaker of English, or do you speak English at native level C2?
- Are you in the process of learning German and have achieved level B2?
- Are you a state-certified educator (staatlich anerkannnte*r Erzieher*in) or do you have a Bachelor in Early Childhood Education?
- Or, if you are not already a qualified educator, but have pedagogical experience and similar qualifications, are you interested in working as an early childhood assistant part time at a FRÖBEL centre while completing training to become an educator (“Praxisintegrierte Ausbildung”) part time?
- Are you interested in working as part of a team to implement an in-house bilingual education concept?
Then we would like to hear from you.
We are offering:
- Innovative team-based work practices that enable the children in our centres to encounter new languages at an early age,
- Intensive guidance from English-speaking consultants and in bilingual education working groups,
- A responsible and varied job with an innovative employer that focuses on Children’s rights,
- Room to develop your own ideas and projects,
- Further education programmes with more than 600 FRÖBEL-financed training opportunities,
- Continuing professional development and career opportunities through specialisation as multiplier for certain educational areas or as 2IC (second-in-charge) and centre manager or early childhood education specialist consultant for a FRÖBEL region,
- Job shadowing and exchange opportunities with FRÖBEL centres in Germany and abroad,
- A salary according to the FRÖBEL in-house wage agreement, the only collective wage agreement that takes further training and education into account for advancement, guarantees fixed preparation and follow-up times and offers a reduction in working hours for older employees,
- A company pension scheme of 4% paid by the employer, as well as an annual bonus payment,
- Up to 44 Euro monthly in addition to your salary via our FRÖBEL-BenefitCard (after the probationary period), as well as
- Discounted memberships with fitness providers and other employee discounts.
If you are interested in this position and would like to submit your application and/or if you have any further questions, please address them to Christine Schneyer via email: email@example.com or phone: +49 172 10 47 391.
If you are interested in this position and would like to submit your application and/or if you have any further questions, please address them to Christine Schneyer, quoting reference number 180809-1. We would like to ask for your understanding that we can only reply individually to eligible applicants.
Ms Christine Schneyer
Consultant International Affairs at FRÖBEL
FRÖBEL promotes the equality of all employees. We therefore welcome applications from women and men regardless of their cultural and social background, age, religion, belief, disability or sexual identity.
Hier können Sie unseren Job Alert abonnieren – er versorgt Sie alle 14 Tage mit frischen Stellenangeboten.