English Speaking Early Childhood Educator/Assistant (m/f/d) for FRÖBEL early childhood education and care service Campus Kids
We are currently looking for a qualified
English-speaking early childhood education professional (m/w/d)
to help implement the FRÖBEL Focus “Bilingual Education” at our early childhood education and care service Campus Kids in Berlin-Adlershof.
For more information on the centre please visit: https://campuskids.froebel.info/.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Supporting all aspects of early childhood education and care in English,
- Being in charge of (or supporting according to experience and qualification) the settling-in process,
- Planning, implementing and documenting pedagogical processes and daily routines (as part of a team),
- Completing (or supporting according to experience and qualification) structured observation and documentation of the children’s development and educational processes,
- Developing successful cooperation with parents.
Do you fulfil the following requirements?
- Are you in the process of learning German? Proven German language skills on level B1 are a requirement for this position.
- Are you a state-certified educator (staatlich anerkannnte*r Erzieher*in) or do you have a Bachelor in Early Childhood Education or similar qualification? Are you interested in developing your professional skills?
- Would you like to learn more about education policies in Germany and how these are being implemented in practice?
- Do you believe that children should have opportunities to encounter foreign languages at an early age and that they should define their own learning experience?
- Are you interested in working as part of a team to design and implement an in-house bilingual education concept?
Then we would like to hear from you.
If you are a native speaker of English but not (yet) a qualified early childhood teacher/educator and you have proven B1 level German language skills, you could contact the Senat, to apply as a so called "Native-Speaker-Quereinsteiger*in". You can find more information on that here: https://www.berlin.de/sen/jugend/fachkraefte/quereinstieg-erzieherberuf/#nativespeaker.
We are offering:
- A position with ideally 35 hours per week,
- Innovative team-based work practices that enable the children in our centres to encounter new languages at an early age,
- Intensive guidance from English-speaking consultants and in bilingual education working groups,
- A responsible and varied job with an innovative employer that focuses on Children’s rights,
- Room to develop your own ideas and projects,
- Further education programmes with more than 600 FRÖBEL-financed training opportunities,
- Continuing professional development and career opportunities through specialisation as multiplier for certain educational areas or as 2IC (second-in-charge) and centre manager or early childhood education specialist consultant for a FRÖBEL region,
- Job shadowing and exchange opportunities with FRÖBEL centres in Germany and abroad,
- A salary according to the FRÖBEL in-house wage agreement, the only collective wage agreement that takes further training and education into account for advancement, guarantees fixed preparation and follow-up times and offers a reduction in working hours for older employees,
- A company pension scheme of 4% paid by the employer, as well as an annual bonus payment,
- Up to 44 Euro monthly in addition to your salary via our FRÖBEL-BenefitCard (after the probationary period), as well as
- Discounted memberships with fitness providers and other employee discounts.
If you are interested in this position and you fulfil the requirements outlined above, please submit your application via the application link "Jetzt online bewerben!" below.
Alternativ: Bewerbung per E-Mail
If you have any questions before submitting your application you can address them to Ms Christine Schneyer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +49 172 10 47 391.
Consultant International Affairs at FRÖBEL
Phone: +49 172 10 47 391
FRÖBEL promotes the equality of all employees. We therefore welcome applications from women and men regardless of their cultural and social background, age, religion, belief, disability or sexual identity.