English Speaking Early Childhood Educator for FRÖBEL centre Lehmpöhle in Bergisch Gladbach
If yes there would be an opportunity to do so at our FRÖBEL centre Lehmpöhle in Bergisch Gladbach. Be a linguistic role model as an English-speaking educator at FRÖBEL - a job offer that allows you to playfully give something back of your intercultural experiences and competences.
English Speaking Early Childhood Educator for FRÖBEL centre Lehmpöhle in Bergisch Gladbach, Germany (m/f/d) – part time (15-25h/week)
We are currently looking for a qualified English-speaking early childhood education professional to help implement the FRÖBEL Focus “Bilingual Education” at our education and care service FRÖBEL centre Lehmpöhle in Bergisch Gladbach.
The current team consists of 11 educators who are looking after 60 children from 2 to 6 years of age. The centre is located in a quieter area of Bergisch Gladbach.
For more information on the centre please visit: https://lehmpoehle.froebel.info/
Starting date for this position would be January 2022. The hours per week, as well as the duration of the employment contract depend on your qualifications and circumstances such as visa conditions. Ideal would be 25 hours per week (with a minimum of 15 hours per week).
Your responsibilities would include:
- Supporting all aspects of early childhood education and care in English,
- Planning, implementing and documenting pedagogical processes and daily routines (as part of a team),
- Completing (or supporting according to experience and qualification) structured observation and documentation of the children’s development and educational processes,
- Developing successful cooperation with parents.
Do you fulfil the following requirements?
- Are you a native speaker of English, or do you speak English at native level C2?
- Are you in the process of learning German and have achieved level B1/B2?
- Are you a state-certified educator (staatlich anerkannnte*r Erzieher*in) or do you have a Bachelor in Early Childhood Education?
- Are you passionate about working with children between 2 and 6 years of age?
- Are you interested in working as part of a team to implement an in-house bilingual education concept?
Then we would like to hear from you.
We are offering:
- A position with ideally 25 hours per week,
- Innovative team-based work practices that enable the children in our centres to encounter new languages at an early age,
- Intensive guidance from English-speaking consultants and in bilingual education working groups,
- A responsible and varied job with an innovative employer that focuses on Children’s rights,
- Room to develop your own ideas and projects,
- Further education programmes with more than 600 FRÖBEL-financed training opportunities,
- Continuing professional development and career opportunities through specialisation as multiplier for certain educational areas or as 2IC (second-in-charge) and centre manager or early childhood education specialist consultant for a FRÖBEL region,
- Job shadowing and exchange opportunities with FRÖBEL centres in Germany and abroad,
- A salary according to the FRÖBEL in-house wage agreement, the only collective wage agreement that takes further training and education into account for advancement, guarantees fixed preparation and follow-up times and offers a reduction in working hours for older employees,
- A company pension scheme of 4% paid by the employer, as well as an annual bonus payment,
- Up to 44 Euro monthly in addition to your salary via our FRÖBEL-BenefitCard (after the probationary period), as well as
- Discounted memberships with fitness providers and other employee discounts.
If you are interested in this position and you fulfil the requirements outlined above, please submit your application via the application link "Jetzt online bewerben!" below.
If you have any questions before submitting your application you can address them to Ms Christine Schneyer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +49 172 10 47 391.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that the profession of nursery/kindergarten teacher/educator is regulated by the individual federal states in Germany. This means that legal stipulations regarding the recognition of foreign qualifications differ throughout the country. Due to the regulations we are only able to employ either qualified early childhood teachers/educators or individuals who are studying or doing a training programme towards that qualification. If you are interested in becoming an early childhood teacher/educator in Germany you can find useful information here: https://fachkraefteoffensive.fruehe-chancen.de/wege-in-den-beruf/. Please note that most programmes require at least B2 level German language skills.