English Speaking Early Childhood Educator (m/f/d) for FRÖBEL centre An St. Peter in Cologne (Ehrenfeld)
To strengthen our team at FRÖBEL Kindergarten An St. Peter in Cologne (Ehrenfeld), we are looking for the following person, as soon as possible:
Early Childhood Educator (m/f/d) (Full-time)
The hours per week, as well as the duration of the employment contract depend on your qualifications and circumstances such as visa conditions. Ideal would be 40 hours per week.
About our centre
Fröbel Kindergarten An St. Peter is located in Cologne (Ehrenfeld) in the immediate vicinity of St. Franziskus Hospital. Due to the successful cooperation with the hospital, we can offer additional care places in the nursery residential house for the age group 0-3 years. The main building, the nursery premises (located nearby), and the spacious outdoor area provide 112 children aged 0-6 a wide range of spaces and various options for game and play. Our profile is characterised by the centre's focus on promoting health (health – healthy diet – exercise) and FRÖBEL’s emphasis on bilingual education. For us, being healthy does not only mean "not being sick" but rather a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being. It is important to us that the children and our employees feel comfortable, safe and secure. In this regard, we bring forth various offers and projects e.g. gardening in our own field, music and physical activity programmes as well as regular trips and exciting excursions. Our cook rounds off the emphasis and conjures up a nutritious and healthy lunch for our children everyday using fresh ingredients. Animal welfare is also essential to us, therefore, we have set up a rescue station for hedgehogs. The rescue operations teach the children to be respectful to animals and the environment.
- Are a team of 30, five of which are working in English, who put our passion into our work,
- Harmonise perfectly in the team notwithstanding our differences,
- Stand for a distinctive "Welcoming Culture" and everyone is invited to join us and
- Love our "Veedel" with all its people, shops and buildings.
Further information about our centre can be found at: https://st-peter.froebel.info/
For more information on our bilingual work please click here: https://st-peter.froebel.info/paedagogik/biliguale-erziehung/
Your responsibilities would include:
- Supporting all aspects of early childhood education and care in English,
- Being in charge of (or supporting according to experience and qualification) the settling-in process,
- Planning, implementing and documenting pedagogical processes and daily routines (as part of a team),
- Completing (or supporting according to experience and qualification) structured observation and documentation of the children’s development and educational processes,
- Developing successful cooperation with parents.
Do you fulfil the following requirements?
- Are you a native speaker of English, or do you speak English at native level?
- Are you in the process of learning German and have achieved level B2?
- Are you a state-certified educator (staatlich anerkannnte*r Erzieher*in) or do you have a Bachelor in Early Childhood Education that has been assessed/recognised by the relevant German authorities?
- Are you interested in working as part of a team to implement an in-house bilingual education concept?
Then we would like to hear from you.
We are offering:
- A position with ideally 40 hours per week,
- Innovative team-based work practices that enable the children in our centres to encounter new languages at an early age,
- Intensive guidance from English-speaking consultants and in bilingual education working groups,
- A responsible and varied job with an innovative employer that focuses on Children’s rights,
- Room to develop your own ideas and projects,
- Further education programmes with more than 600 FRÖBEL-financed training opportunities,
- Continuing professional development and career opportunities through specialisation as a multiplier for certain educational areas or as 2IC (second-in-charge) and centre manager or early childhood education specialist consultant for a FRÖBEL region,
- Job shadowing and exchange opportunities with FRÖBEL centres in Germany and abroad,
- A salary according to the FRÖBEL in-house wage agreement, the only collective wage agreement that takes further training and education into account for advancement, guarantees fixed preparation and follow-up times and offers a reduction in working hours for older employees,
- 33 days of holiday per year (from 2023), December 24 and 31 paid days off,
- A company pension scheme of 4% paid by the employer, as well as an annual bonus payment,
- A company tablet (also for private use) – at this stage not available at all locations – please enquire during recruitment process,
- Up to 44 Euro monthly in addition to your salary via our FRÖBEL-BenefitCard, or monthly mobility allowance of up to 88 Euro (both after the probationary period), as well as
- Discounted memberships with fitness providers and other employee discounts.
If you are interested in this position and you fulfil the requirements outlined above, please submit your application via the application link "Jetzt online bewerben!" below.
If you have any questions before submitting your application you can address them to Ms Christine Schneyer via email: email@example.com or phone: +49 172 10 47 391.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that the profession of nursery/kindergarten teacher/educator is regulated by the individual federal states in Germany. This means that legal stipulations regarding the recognition of foreign qualifications differ throughout the country. Due to the regulations we are only able to employ either qualified early childhood teachers/educators or individuals who are studying or attending a training programme towards that qualification. If you are interested in becoming an early childhood teacher/educator in Germany you can find useful information here: https://fachkraefteoffensive.fruehe-chancen.de/wege-in-den-beruf/. Please note that most programmes require at least B2 level German language skills.