English Speaking Early Childhood Educator (m/f/d) for FRÖBEL centre SieKids Energiezwerge in Mülheim a. d. Ruhr
If yes, then get in touch! We are looking for a qualified English-speaking early childhood educator to help implement the FRÖBEL focus “Bilingual Education” at our FRÖBEL centre SieKids Energiezwerge in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany.
English Speaking Early Childhood Educator for FRÖBEL centre SieKids Energiezwerge in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany (m/f/d)
The current team consists of 16 teachers and educators, one of them English-speaking, who are looking after 85 children from 4 months to 6 years of age. Bilingual education, the Little Scientists programme, as well as handicraft are focus areas at the centre, while the large outdoor area offers plenty of opportunity for outdoor activities and exploration. Located close to the main train station in Mülheim an der Ruhr the centre is easily accessible by public transport.
For more information please visit: https://energiezwerge.froebel.info/
If you are a qualified English-speaking early childhood education professional and bilingual education inspires you, we would love to hear from you. The ideal starting date would be April 1st 2021. The hours per week, as well as the duration of the employment contract depend on your qualifications and circumstances such as visa conditions. Ideal would be 20 hours per week.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Supporting all aspects of early childhood education and care in English,
- Being in charge of (or supporting according to experience and qualification) the settling-in process,
- Planning, implementing and documenting pedagogical processes and daily routines (as part of a team),
- Completing (or supporting according to experience and qualification) structured observation and documentation of the children’s development and educational processes,
- Developing successful cooperation with parents.
Do you fulfil the following requirements?
- Are you a native speaker of English, or do you speak English at native level?
- Are you in the process of learning German and have achieved level B2?
- Are you a state-certified educator (staatlich anerkannnte*r Erzieher*in) or do you have a Bachelor in Early Childhood Education?
- Are you interested in working as part of a team to implement an in-house bilingual education concept?
Then we would like to hear from you.
We are offering:
- A position with ideally 20 hours per week,
- Innovative team-based work practices that enable the children in our centres to encounter new languages at an early age,
- Intensive guidance from English-speaking consultants and in bilingual education working groups,
- A responsible and varied job with an innovative employer that focuses on Children’s rights,
- Room to develop your own ideas and projects,
- Further education programmes with more than 600 FRÖBEL-financed training opportunities,
- Continuing professional development and career opportunities through specialisation as multiplier for certain educational areas or as 2IC (second-in-charge) and centre manager or early childhood education specialist consultant for a FRÖBEL region,
- Job shadowing and exchange opportunities with FRÖBEL centres in Germany and abroad,
- A salary according to the FRÖBEL in-house wage agreement, the only collective wage agreement that takes further training and education into account for advancement, guarantees fixed preparation and follow-up times and offers a reduction in working hours for older employees,
- A company pension scheme of 4% paid by the employer, as well as an annual bonus payment,
- Up to 44 Euro monthly in addition to your salary via our FRÖBEL-BenefitCard (after the probationary period), as well as
- Discounted memberships with fitness providers and other employee discounts.
If you are interested in this position and you fulfil the requirements outlined above, please submit your application via the application link "Jetzt online bewerben!" below.
If you have any questions before submitting your application you can address them to Ms Christine Schneyer via email: email@example.com or phone: +49 172 10 47 391.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that the profession of nursery/kindergarten teacher/educator is regulated by the individual federal states in Germany. This means that legal stipulations regarding the recognition of foreign qualifications differ throughout the country. Due to the regulations we are only able to employ either qualified early childhood teachers/educators or individuals who are studying or doing a training programme towards that qualification. If you are interested in becoming an early childhood teacher/educator in Germany you can find useful information here: https://fachkraefteoffensive.fruehe-chancen.de/wege-in-den-beruf/. Please note that most programmes require at least B2 level German language skills.