English Speaking Early Childhood Educator/Assistant for centre Westfalenstraße in Düsseldorf (m/f/d)
We are currently looking for a qualified English-speaking early childhood education professional, who is ideally also passionate about STEM education, to help implement the FRÖBEL Focus “Bilingual Education” at our FRÖBEL Kindergarten Westfalenstraße in Düsseldorf.
English Speaking Early Childhood Educator/Assistant for FRÖBEL centre Westfalenstraße in Düsseldorf (m/f/d)
The FRÖBEL-Kindergarten Westfalenstraße is the first FRÖBEL centre in Düsseldorf. It opened in June 2019 and offers quality education and care for 58 children from diverse cultural backgrounds from the age of 1 until they enter primary school (at the age of 6). One of its focus areas will be Bilingual Education which gives children the opportunity to get to know the English language early in life. We believe that among other benefits bilingual education can help to get to know other cultures and to develop intercultural skills.
A second focus area will be STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) education with plenty of researching and experimenting together with the children. Our aim is to be certified as “Haus der kleinen Forscher” (“Little Scientists House”) in 2020. The centre’s natural outdoor area, an indoor ant farm and the proximity to nature offer plenty of opportunity for outdoor activities and exploration.
For more information on the centre, please visit: https://westfalenstrasse.froebel.info/
If you are a qualified English-speaking early childhood education professional and this combination of bilingual education and STEM education inspires you, we would love to hear from you. The starting date would ideally be as soon as possible. The hours per week, as well as the duration of the employment contract depend on your qualifications and circumstances such as visa conditions. Ideal would be 20-40 hours per week.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Supporting all aspects of early childhood education and care in English,
- Being in charge of (or supporting according to experience and qualification) the settling-in process,
- Planning, implementing and documenting pedagogical processes and daily routines (as part of a team),
- Completing (or supporting according to experience and qualification) structured observation and documentation of the children’s development and educational processes,
- Developing successful cooperation with parents.
Do you fulfil the following requirements?
- Are you a native speaker of English, or do you speak English at native level C2?
- Are you in the process of learning German?
- Are you a state-certified educator (staatlich anerkannnte*r Erzieher*in) or do you have a Bachelor in Early Childhood Education?
- Or, if you are not already a qualified educator, but have pedagogical experience and similar qualifications, are you interested in working as an early childhood assistant part time at a FRÖBEL centre while completing training to become an educator (“Praxisintegrierte Ausbildung”) part time?
- Are you interested in working as part of a team to implement an in-house bilingual education concept?
Then we would like to hear from you.
We are offering:
- A position with ideally 20-40 hours per week,
- Innovative team-based work practices that enable the children in our facilities to encounter new languages at an early age,
- An attractive working environment,
- Continuing professional development for all employees,
- Intensive guidance from English-speaking consultants and in bilingual education working groups,
- In-house wage agreement including an attractive company pension scheme,
- Scope to balance work and family life.
If you are interested in this position and would like to submit your application and/or if you have any further questions, please address them to Ms Steldermann quoting reference number 191209-1.
Richten Sie Ihre Bewerbung bitte unter Angabe des Titels der Stellenausschreibung per Post oder E-Mail an:
Ms Christine Schneyer
Consultant International Affairs at FRÖBEL
Phone: +49 172 10 47 391
FRÖBEL promotes the equality of all employees. We therefore welcome applications from women and men regardless of their cultural and social background, age, religion, belief, disability or sexual identity.
Hier können Sie unseren Job Alert abonnieren – er versorgt Sie alle 14 Tage mit frischen Stellenangeboten.