English Speaking Early Childhood Educator/Assistant for FRÖBEL centre Taunuspänz in Cologne-Humboldt-Gremberg (m/f, 40h)
English Speaking Early Childhood Educator/Assistant (m/f, 40h)
We are currently looking for a qualified English-speaking early childhood education professional to help implement the FRÖBEL Focus “Bilingual Education” at our education and care service and family centre Taunuspänz in Cologne-Humboldt-Gremberg.
The current team consists of 15 teachers and educators who are looking after 64 children from the age of 4 months until they enter primary school. One of the focus areas at the centre is “language” development. This is supported by a bilingual staff member (English/German), a speech therapist, as well as a social pedagogue with a focus on “language”. Our centre has been working bilingually for 2 years now and is looking for a new staff member who is interested in taking over this valuable task at Taunuspänz. Another focus area at the centre is the Little Scientists House programme – focusing on STEM education for children. Our centre is easily accessible by public transport; parking is also available nearby. Last year Taunuspänz obtained the certification as “family centre” and is passionate about offering plenty of services to families who have their children attend the centre, as well as to other families who live in the area.
For more information on the centre, please visit: https://taunuspaenz.froebel.info/
Starting date for this position would be as soon as possible. The hours per week, as well as the duration of the employment contract depend on your qualifications and circumstances such as visa conditions. Ideal would be 40 hours per week.
Do you fulfil the following requirements?
- Are you a native speaker of English, or do you speak English at native level C2?
- Are you in the process of learning German?
- Are you a state-certified educator (staatlich anerkannnte*r Erzieher*in) or do you have a Bachelor in Early Childhood Education?
- Or, if you are not already a qualified educator, but have pedagogical experience and similar qualifications, are you interested in working as an early childhood assistant part time at a FRÖBEL centre while completing training to become an educator (“Praxisintegrierte Ausbildung”) part time?
- Are you interested in working as part of a team to implement an in-house bilingual education concept?
Then we would like to hear from you.
We offer you
- A position with ideally 40 hours per week,
- Innovative team-based work practices that enable the children in our facilities to encounter new languages at an early age,
- An attractive working environment,
- Continuing professional development for all employees,
- Intensive guidance from English-speaking consultants and in bilingual education working groups,
- In-house wage agreement including an attractive company pension scheme,
- Scope to balance work and family life.
Your responsibilities would include
- Supporting all aspects of early childhood education and care in English,
- Being in charge of (or supporting according to experience and qualification) the settling-in process,
- Planning, implementing and documenting pedagogical processes and daily routines (as part of a team),
- Completing (or supporting according to experience and qualification) structured observation and documentation of the children’s development and educational processes,
- Developing successful cooperation with parents.
Hier können Sie unseren Job Alert abonnieren – er versorgt Sie alle 14 Tage mit frischen Stellenangeboten.
Richten Sie Ihre Bewerbung bitte mit Angabe des Titels der Stellenausschreibung und des Referenzcodes per Post oder E-Mail an:
If you are interested in this position and would like to submit your application and/or if you have any further questions, please address them to Christine Schneyer, quoting reference number 181023-1. We would like to ask for your understanding that we can only reply individually to eligible applicants.
Ms Christine Schneyer
Consultant International Affairs at FRÖBEL
Phone: +49 172 10 47 391
For more information on the centre please visit: https://taunuspaenz.froebel.info/.