English Speaking Early Childhood Educator/Assistant (m/f/d) for FRÖBEL centre Fledermäuse in Mülheim an der Ruhr
Are you passionate about the English language and different cultures? Children acquire languages intensively in the first years of their lives. Would you like to play your part? If yes there would be an opportunity to do so at our FRÖBEL-Kindergarten Fledermäuse in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany. Be a linguistic role model as an English speaking educator at FRÖBEL - a job offer that allows you to playfully give something back of your intercultural experiences and competences.
We are looking for a qualified English-speaking early childhood education professional from March 1st 2021 to help implement the FRÖBEL focus “Bilingual Education” at our FRÖBEL Kindergarten Fledermäuse in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany.
English Speaking Early Childhood Educator/Assistant for FRÖBEL centre Fledermäuse in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany (m/f/d)
The current team consists of 18 teachers and educators who are looking after 85 children from 4 months to 6 years of age. Focus areas are health promotion, physical education, as well as bilingual education - which gives children the opportunity to get to know the English language early in life. We believe that among other benefits bilingual education can help to get to know other cultures and to develop intercultural skills. Our centre is surrounded by a large garden that offers plenty of opportunity for outdoor activities and exploration. It is easily accessible by public transport with shops close by.
For more information please visit: https://fledermaeuse.froebel.info/
If you are a qualified English-speaking early childhood education professional and bilingual education inspires you, we would love to hear from you. The starting date would be March 1st 2021. The hours per week, as well as the duration of the employment contract depend on your qualifications and circumstances such as visa conditions. Ideal would be 40 hours per week.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Supporting all aspects of early childhood education and care in English,
- Being in charge of (or supporting according to experience and qualification) the settling-in process,
- Planning, implementing and documenting pedagogical processes and daily routines (as part of a team),
- Completing (or supporting according to experience and qualification) structured observation and documentation of the children’s development and educational processes,
- Developing successful cooperation with parents.
Do you fulfil the following requirements?
- Are you a native speaker of English, or do you speak English at native level?
- Are you in the process of learning German and have achieved level B2?
- Are you a state-certified educator (staatlich anerkannnte*r Erzieher*in) or do you have a Bachelor in Early Childhood Education?
- Are you interested in working as part of a team to implement an in-house bilingual education concept?
Then we would like to hear from you.
Please note that the profession of nursery/kindergarten teacher/educator is regulated by the individual federal states in Germany. This means that legal stipulations are in place in each respective federal state, which set out certain qualifications and requirements for the commencement or exercising of the occupation of an early childhood teacher/educator. Due to the regulations we are only able to employ qualified early childhood teachers/educators in our centres, or individuals who are studying or doing a training programme towards that qualification.
If you are interested in becoming an early childhood teacher/educator in Germany you can find useful information here: https://fachkraefteoffensive.fruehe-chancen.de/wege-in-den-beruf/. Please note that most programmes require at least B2 level German language skills.
We are offering:
- A position with ideally 40 hours per week,
- Innovative team-based work practices that enable the children in our facilities to encounter new languages at an early age,
- An attractive working environment,
- Continuing professional development for all employees,
- Intensive guidance from English-speaking consultants and in bilingual education working groups,
- In-house wage agreement including an attractive company pension scheme,
- Scope to balance work and family life.
If you are interested in this position and would like to submit your application and/or if you have any further questions, please address them to Ms Christine Schneyer
Alternativ: Bewerbung per Video oder E-Mail
Ms Christine Schneyer
Consultant International Affairs at FRÖBEL
FRÖBEL promotes the equality of all employees. We therefore welcome applications from women and men regardless of their cultural and social background, age, religion, belief, disability or sexual identity.
Hier können Sie unseren Job Alert abonnieren – er versorgt Sie alle 14 Tage mit frischen Stellenangeboten.